It was 8 degrees this morning. And this afternoon it really warmed up . . . to 22 degrees.
And for a TX girl like me, I gotta say these days are tough days. You don't go outside. (they even cancel outdoor recess). You hunker down inside and drink hot chocolate. I call it winter cabin fever.
Thankfully these things keep us busy.
1. books -- we do go to the library a lot-- Adam loves the Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willems and shocked me yesterday by reading the whole thing to me.
2. xbox 360 kinect -- the kids have unlimited playing time and we only have kinect games. The games are so intense that fatigue settles in before too long -- I played Madelyn in Kinect Adventures yesterday and we did the obstacle course 4 times and I can barely sit down today I am so sore from the repeated squats.
3. Melty Beads (or from IKEA psilla beads) -- My kids can make designs for hours
4. Legos - Adam can create an infinite amount of things
5. Art -- Here are some painting Catherine is working on
6. Computer - for me facebook and pinterest