Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK day -- playing softball

I have taken a board position for our town's softball league and as such have been looking so forward to my own girls participating in a sport I LOVED playing so much as a kid. Last year Catherine played softball and Julianne and Madelyn watched hesitantly from a distance. I was excited for MLK day because our softball league held a free indoor softball clinic. All 3 girls wanted to go to the clinic. There was no pressure to join a team, no pressure on performance -- it was all about having fun and learning new skills.

It was certainly nice to have something fun and energetic to do inside on a cold, cold, cold holiday. My girls all had a great time. At the end of the clinic and later that night ALL 3 girls asked if I would sign them up for softball!!!

Was the clinic a success? I don't know about everyone else, but for my family it was!!!!!

JHH_1730, JHH_1730


JHH_1705, JHH_1705


JHH_1703, JHH_1703


JHH_1694, JHH_1694


JHH_1677, JHH_1677


No comments: