Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Fort Worth Stockyards

I'm sure there is a lot to know about the stockyards, but even after going through the museum I don't think I learned much. Apparently, a lot of cattle were moved through there. Now it is a run down museum with a handful of bar-b-q places, a couple of bars, some old buildings selling souvenirs, and some other stuff. It had no together purpose. Every man for himself. You could get a picture on a longhorn, or go through a maze, watch the cattle drive, and barely see a staged gun fight. We had a great time just being together in spite of the eh? venue. Someone could really invest in the area and turn it into something spectacular, but as it is now, I don't think I'd go back too soon.

You know you're in Texas when . . . #fortworthstockyards

No comments: