Monday, March 12, 2012

Tomorrow . . .

Tomorrow my dad and Tyler are coming to spend their spring break week with us. Our school districts vacations don't exactly match up well. We get a week off in February and April. They get a week off in March. This exact week is the week my kids have to take their Connecticut state exams. (the CMT's)

3 years ago, my whole family (all my siblings, spouses, their children, and my parents) came to stay this week with us. We had such a great time. We all rode the train into the city together, wandered all over Manhattan, saw as many things as we could and we all went to see Shrek. You can read all about that week here.

DSC_0082

It really won't seem right though having a spring break without my mom. I keep waiting for the "It's just not fair feeling" to pass but so far it is still pretty much at the forefront of a lot of my thoughts. I'm sure we're gonna have a great time. It's just that she was always kind of the life of the party.

Spring Breaks with her were always so fun. Here is an old photo of a spring break in 1992. We went to Disneyworld.

disney 001

I'm sure we will have a great week. I'm sure we'll have fun. We'll see and do new things and I will probably think, "My mom would have loved this." no fewer that 60 million times.

No comments: