Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Quick Recap

I really want to sit down and compose beautiful Blog posts -- but my life has been crazy, fun, busy, fun and crazy. So here is the quick recap --


My whole family came here for their spring break. Granny, Grandpa, Tyler, Carrie, Shad, Amy, Hailey, Zach, Chloe, Amber, Dan and Megan. It was a full house. We had so much fun.


The week before was spent cooking and freezing (pizza, cinnamon rolls, breakfast casseroles), grocery shopping, making beds, washing sheets and towels.


Then everyone got here. They arrived on Saturday late --


Sunday we all went to church together and then took family pictures at Waveny Park and had a wonderful Mexican food feast!

Monday -- The house was quiet again as all the visitors drove to upstate New York to see Palmyra and Niagara Falls. My sweet family stayed here and did fun things like go to school (since it is not spring break here in CT).

Tuesday -- Still quiet -- the kids went to school -- the family still gone

Wednesday -- quiet until dinnertime when everyone got back -- and we all had dinner

Thursday -- kind of quiet -- my kids were at school and I kept the little babies (Adam, Chloe, and Megan) while everyone else headed to NYC for the day. Madelyn got to go with them. They did the staten island ferry, ground zero, museum of natural history, trinity church, times square, st. patrick's cathedral, lots of walking and it was cold and rainy.

Friday -- semi-quiet -- All the boys (Grandpa, Tyler, Dan, Shad) and Carrie and Mom went into the city again -- the boys did the Met and central park and stuff and the girls shopped. Meanwhile Amy, Amber and I had all the kids (I even let the girls skip school). It snowed in the morning (but thankfully did not stick). By 2:00 it was 40 degrees and Amber and I took all the kids (except Megan and Chloe) to the Stamford Museum and Nature Center. It was empty (apparently 40 degrees is not warm enough for very many people). The kids had a blast and played on the playground and then we walked and saw all the animals at Hecksher Farm. The kids all ran ahead to see the llama, alpaca, and a big hairy cow with horns. Suddenly the kids were running and screaming and the big cow with the horns had gotten out of the pen and was chasing them-- a little too much excitement! Thankfully it was a girl cow, not a boy and therefore not very agressive, but it really startled those kids to see a cow with horns suddenly right next to them.

Saturday -- We all (EVERYONE) went to the city. We headed to Trent's offices to get some awesome views of the city. We ate lunch and then all went to see Shrek on Broadway -- and IT WAS AWESOME. It was so entertaining and so fun and great. I loved it better than the movie (and I loved the movie).

Sunday -- We went to church and after the first hour everyone headed back to the airport. But have no fear -- we were not lonely -- one of my aunt's and her daughter and daughter's boyfriend called and were in town so they met us at church and came home to spend the afternoon with us. (oh and also Carrie is still here waiting for her next job assignment)

Monday -- Just my family and my sister Carrie -- and 28 loads of laundry.

Tuesday -- Since Carrie was still here I planned the whole day -- speech, visiting teaching, activity days, and the Young Women's Career Fair. I totally planned on her watching the kids -- and then she got word that she could start her job tomorrow so I got to do all those activities with all the kids in tow (thankfully my friend Ember watched them during the career fair)

And so that explains why for 2 1/2 weeks I have not posted anything. Crazy, busy, FUN!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

You must be exhausted! It sounds like you had a lot of fun, but now are in need of a nap or two. Enjoy some quiet time alone!!!

Marci said...

How fun to have to have all your family here...love the group shot!!!

Kelli said...

I can not believe how much your family can be on the go go go. I would be dead tired, but maybe if I slept all night I could go go go. AND 28 loads of laundry. holy cow. and the cow, holy shrek, and Shrek, we so love that movie also, glad you saw it on broadway, Very very nice family picture. Can you send me an attachment of it so I can print it out and frame it.

Valerie: said...

What a fun and tiring week you had...now just how long did it take to do 28 loads of laundry? You're a great host...I hope we can afford a trip out there before you move.