Monday, October 24, 2011

Some old photos and my mom's parenting philosophy

I have loved getting my old photos scanned. It is fun to reminisce. These photos are when Tyler was about 1 1/2 years old. He is wearing the same costume Owen will be wearing this year for Halloween. Look how young Amber is! Times sure have changed. My mom was so much fun to be around. For as long as I remember my mom had a worn copy of this poem on her bulletin board. She mothered just like this poem. While she taught us a lot of things through words and books, she taught us most things by just playing with us and having fun. I sure try to play with my kids and live up to her example.
 
 
I tried to teach my child with books,
He gave me only puzzled looks.
I tried to teach my child with words,
They passed him by often unheard.
Despairingly I turned aside,
How shall I teach this child, I cried.
 Into my hands he put the key,
“Come”, he said, “play with me!”
-Author Unknown

No comments: