Thursday, March 7, 2013

Getting ready for pi day

Today was busier than normal. I would need to make a chart for you to see. In short I was quadruple booked. The school open houses were not in the cards so I told the kids that I couldn't fit those in. Only Adam cried. Now I was only triple booked. I got Adam a ride to and from his baseball practice. Our neighbors even graciously took him out to dinner afterwards. Now I was only double booked. Julianne had a band contest field trip and was getting dropped off back at school at 6:15. I couldn't figure out how to get her home. Thankfully, my friend Camille came to the rescue and picked her up for me. Now I was down to single booked. I was coaching Catherine's softball team from 4:30 - 6:00 and then coaching her scrimmage from 6:00 - 7:00 with Madelyn and Owen hanging out with us. Then at 7:00 I ran the kids home and made it back for a coaches meeting at 7:30.

When I got home at 8:30, Julianne said, "Mom, should we make cupcakes for pi day?" The real pi day (Mar 14 -- get it 3.14?) is during spring break so they were celebrating tomorrow.

We got them made. Lucky for us, I had made an extra large batch of mint frosting for Trent's birthday and frozen the extra so all we had to do was throw together a box of cake mix into cupcakes and then we came up with these cake toppers -- thanks to a pinterest board.

Pi day falls during spring break so Julianne's school is celebrating tomorrow!  It's also 80's day at her school tomorrow. So I'm thinking "revenge of the nerds".

No comments: