Thursday, January 10, 2008

Book Orders

Remember the book orders from school. I do. There was usually an apple book order and a scholastic book order. Nowadays there is only scholastic. My girls keep coming home from school with them. They always have 50 or 60 items selected that they want. I usually let them pick one. And then one day it occurred to me, that somewhere in my Mom's house all of my books were sitting in boxes. I went there and searched and found a ton of books from my childhood. These sure brought back memories.
Sweet Valley Junior High -- and sweet vally high -- Wow, did I really read those???


Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew (It took me 2 more trips to my Mom's, but I just found my yellow hard bound Nancy Drew books) The hardy boys books were trent's as a kid.


Is it any wonder that Madelyn is obsessed with The wizard of Oz? I was. I read and reread the whole Oz series. I still love them!


Charlotte's web -- Julianne said, "I thought that just came out" -- I am sure she thought that becasue we took her to see the movie a couple years ago.

The babysitter's club --

















The Secret garden -- one of my very favorites!
















Mysteries -- I had tons of trixie beldon, bobbsey twins, but Nancy Drew was my favorite!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Bertie said...

I LOVED Sweet Valley High and Twins and Baby sitters club!! How fun your mom still had all of those! :)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

oh this brings back memories!!! So many of those books are so familiar--and I LOVED book orders! =)

Kristin said...

I loved the Babysitters club, I even went to see the movie when it came out and I was WAY to old to go and see it...

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Ha ha ha- I LOVE it!! and they are all in good condition too. I read those EXACT same ones. It brings back so many school day memories!

Amber said...

I like how all of the books are now yours:) I definitely expanded the babysitter's club collection beyond what you started. Although seeing that my kid can't read and I don't have any interest in re-reading all of them at the moment, I suppose that's ok.