Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Smoker

For Christmas, we got a smoker. No, not a person with a tobacco addition, but a meat smoker. And today, we tried it out for the first time. It was wonderful. I cooked a whole pork loin. I trimmed it just slightly, patted it down with a "Texas Chili Rub" and placed it in the smoker for 6 hours. Then I removed it and wrapped it tightly with foil and put it in the oven at 215 degrees for 3 more hours. Then I sliced it and served it and there are no photos because we (and some friends we had over for dinner) ate it.

Unbelievably easy and amazingly delicious!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Recipe for texas chili dry rub (I quadrupled this and then store it in a tupperware)

1/2 cup coarse (kosher) salt
1/3 cup black pepper
1/3 cup paprika
3 TBS chili powder
1 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS cumin
1 TBS dried oregano
1 TBS dried thyme
1 TBS minced dried onion
1 tsp cayenne pepper

No comments: