Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rain, rest, recovery, Humorous video of my parents

It is raining today, and I didn't really even mind it. Since our trip to Houston and then with company I was kind of glad to have a day to rest at home. Not that any day with 5 kids is really restful -- after all it was my turn for joy school, but the kids were so good it actually felt restful because they were entertaining each other. Then after Joy school Adam went to a friend's for a playdate and I took a nap.

The kids afterschool were a little crazy and not exactly on their best behavior. We had dinner right at 5 and by 5:30 two of my sweet children had landed themselves in time out for the rest of the evening. It was not shocking to me when one of the aforementioned children was sound asleep at 6:30 and the other just minutes ago turned out her light. I think they are all needing a little rest and recovery.

In the meantime, my good friend called and asked how my mom was doing. I figured I would just post a video so you could all see how she is doing. She has completed 6 rounds of chemotherapy, recovered from major surgery, and still has a bit of a road ahead, but she manages everything with such grace that you would have to know what was going on to even notice it.

This video was taken while we were in Houston. We were all laughing and then my mom and dad started whispering about some skit they had done. Before we knew it, they had disappeared into the other room. After a little preparation, they called us all in to watch.

Be prepared to laugh!

1 comment:

Lillian said...

That is just about the cutest thing ever. What fund parents and grandparents!