Saturday, March 19, 2011

Legos, Lucky, Lunar

Saturdays are my favorite day of the week. Yes, there are chores to do. Yes, there is grocery shopping to be done. Yes, they are busy. BUT, they are also filled with so much fun -- especially because we can all just be together!

I have loved having 3 girls in a row. They always had someone to play with and be "girly" with. So I had hoped for 2 boys for so long. I wondered if Adam would ever have a brother. And then when Owen finally arrived, I wondered if they were going to be able to play together or if being 4 years apart was going to be too big a distance.

Today, that distance was non-existant. Adam and Owen played duplo legos together for over an hour. Owen sat in the bumbo and Adam built right next to him and made sure he had a large lego or two to drool on.

JHH_0947

JHH_0950

Then Trent and I were lucky enough to have our first night out since Owen was born. We were lucky to find not one, but two babysitters -- so that I felt comfortable enough to leave Owen at home. We were lucky to get to go to some new friends house for a traditional St. Patricks day irish meal. It was delicious. We were lucky to discover upon arriving that we would also be watching the BYU game (we didn't know them that well, so Trent was DVR'ing the game just in case). We were lucky to get to see such a great game and be with such fun friends to watch it!

And then today is the closest the moon has been to the earth in 18 years so I headed out with my camera and this is just one of the many photos I got.
JHH_0967

No comments: