Saturday, February 5, 2011

Love to Hate

That is the topic for today. It was suggested to take a photo of the things you hate that your loved ones do and yet wouldn't have it any other way. So I thought of the only thing that I hate that my kids do --
they grow too fast-- and I wouldn't have it any other way as it is so fun to watch them learn and grow and develop and change, but I also just wish time would stop for a while sometimes. So here is a photo of a happy time with Catherine and Madelyn when we lived in our home in Missouri City, TX. It seems so long ago and yet not so at the same time. I love that they grow and change, but I hate it too.
PB130417

I love this picture -- our couches that are now in the basement, the little people toys on the shelf, the awful gray carpet that I hated, the coffee table that was pine and showed every dent, scratch, and ding, Madelyn's chunkiness and hint of red hair, her big smile as she is trying to suck on my nose, Catherine's blond hair all coverin her face because she is laughing so hard and where is Julianne??? oh yeah, she is taking the picture!

No comments: