Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Madelyn turns 8

Yes, my baby girl is 8 years old.

I can't believe it.  I remember how grateful I was when she was born.  Julianne and Catherine were about 19 months apart and it had gone so well that we tried for another just as close, but we had a miscarriage.  I started wondering "what if" that is it for us?  What if we never have another?  In hindsight it may seem frivolous to think about those things, but for me at the time it was raw and very worrisome to me.

But, as they say -- nothing heals a miscarriage better than a sweet healthy baby.  And Madelyn was just that!  And now 8 years later, my 3 little girls - 19 months and 2 1/2 years apart are 8, 10, and 12.

Here are a few more pictures from her party on Friday and of her blowing out candles today.

With a move in the next 2 weeks I refuse to buy anything (like candles or cake mixes) so we had to make do with what we had here at the house.  Which meant I made TX sheet cake and put it into cupcakes.  The frosting didn't exactly go on smooth on top of the cupcakes, but they sure tasted amazing!


DSC_6036

DSC_6046

DSC_6048

DSC_6054

DSC_6058

No comments: