Friday, January 7, 2011

One year older and wiser too????


Photobucket


Photobucket




This birthday post has been hanging over my head. You see once you start a habit like posting your weight on your birthday it is an easy thing to do provided your weight is the same or less than the year before -- because you have already come to terms with that number. But I love having this silly accountability -- it really does motivate me.

So here are the details . . . I am 35 years old. (is that possible???) and this morning I weighed 156 lbs. (yes, I just had a baby 13 weeks ago) but I so wanted to be back at my happy 153.

I am excited for the next year. I joined a gym. I registered for a triathlon this June. I am on a biggest loser team that starts Monday. I am determined to be well below 153 by my next birthday. I have never lost weight before (besides baby weight) and have been really quite happy at 153 for probably 10 years. But that number puts my BMI slightly above the "overweight" mark and I would like to get in the healthy range. I figure now is as good a time as any.

Other than that, my goal is to post a photo / post every day this year. Last year I had the goal to do one post a week on each blog -- (i didn't make it!) but what is life if you don't have high expectations for yourself. I love the quote "Aim for the moon, if you miss at least you'll be in the stars."

2 comments:

Shell said...

Great post! You look great in your pictures and I really like that quote at the end of your post. I'm glad the guys got a snow day at work...what a perfect birthday present!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday! I got like 15 texts from Adam. None of them made sense, but I felt loved.