Well, I don't know how on earth I will be able to control my kids behavior after tomorrow. Today, all I have to do is say, "Santa is watching. I am sure he wouldn't mind if his sleigh were a little emptier." They pretty much immediately conform. It is a nice little perk for parents this time of year.
We had a big family party last night with another family we all grew up with. It was a lot of fun. I asked everyone to submit their favorite memories from years past. We played charades acting them out. It was pretty funny for all of us (except the married into's). They did not know any of them. Here are a few of the favorites.
1. When playing Balderdash, my brother defined one of the words, "the stuff that comes out of Sister Talbot's nose." (needless to say, nobody picked his definition)
2. My Dad's homemade editing on Top Gun. He personally removed all offensive words and replaced them with his own (shoot, drat, and the favorite . . . CRIMINEY)
3. When Amber flushed down Minnie Mouse at the Talbot's home.
4. When Shad strategically broke a ketchup bottle in such a precise way that it went everywhere (and I do mean everywhere!)
5. When we went to a beach house with both families and started to play Scattergories. Carrie then puked all over the table and game. The game has since then been called ScatterDINNER.