Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Adventures of Burtle the Turtle

I am adding an explanation to this entry. Catherine's kindergarten class has a "turtle" (a stuffed animal) that is sent home with a different kid each weekend. They get to take Burtle (her name) with them and document what they did together. Catherine was ecstatic! She was so excited to have burtle with her. Here is what she entered in the Burtle Journal.


After school on Friday, Burtle and I rode on my bike to Learning Express. She rode in her backpack and I peddled. We went to Learning Express with my mom, my sisters Julianne and Catherine, my brother Adam, and my Nana and Grandpa who were visiting our family this weekend from Utah. Burtle loved going to Learning Express and she liked trying on bracelets. That night at my house, Burtle had some pizza with us and then watched a movie – The Trouble with Angels. After the movie, Burtle snuggled with me in my bunk bed. We slept on the bottom bunk. My sister Julianne sleeps on the top bunk.

Saturday, we went to the Oil Ranch with my family and Nana and Grandpa. Burtle had lots of fun as she got to feed the cows, ride the ponies and the train, and ride on the Indian swing. My dad pushed us on the swings as we held onto a big bean bag. Oops, we even fell off the swing. But I was okay and so was Burtle. We also went to the petting zoo to feed the sheep and chase the chickens. Before we left the Oil Ranch, we got to pick a pumpkin and Burtle got one too!

Saturday night, Burtle went with us to La Centerra and Johnny Rockets. Burtle loved watching the waitresses dance to the music. I had chicken strips, French fries, and a chocolate milk shake. It was delicious. We even got a balloon. After dinner, we went to some of the stores. Burtle had fun with me looking some clothes at Limited Too. She liked the sparkly shoes, but they did not have her size. Back home that night, we went right to bed. We were so tired!

Sunday, Burtle helped Grandpa make pancakes for breakfast. I like my pancakes just with butter. My sisters love to have maple syrup on theirs. We went to church and I wore a pretty outfit – a white shirt with diamonds on it, a black velvet skirt, and black fancy shoes. At church, we had the children’s program where all the kids presented in front of their parents. I read my part, that “we can read our scriptures with our mom and dad.” In our primary (kids) class at church, we had some yummy cupcakes. Burtle had one too! She liked the frosting. After church, we had dinner at home with the whole family – lasagna, salad, corn, and bread. My favorite was the garlic bread.

It is Sunday night now and we have been reading stories and getting ready for a new week of school. Burtle will sleep with me on the bottom bunk tonight. And tomorrow, she will get to ride with me on my bike back to school. I love riding my bike to school since I love to see the beautiful lakes and look for ducks on the way.We had a great time this weekend. Thanks Burtle for all the fun!

No comments: