Sunday, September 2, 2007

Turning 3


Madelyn celebrated her 3rd birthday more than a month ago. Deciding on a theme for her party was rather difficult. Everytime you asked her what kind of party she wanted, you would get a different answer. The 3 top choices were pink, princess, and barbie. I decided to forget all of them and go with a swim party at one of our neighborhood pools. But the weather was not on my side (Has it been on anyone's side this summer?), and at the last minute I was pulling together a princess party. There are a lot of advantages to 3 girls. Here are a few . . .
1. I have made princess cakes before and have saved the princess figurines.
2. We own 4 different princess dresses and were able to outfit Madelyn and her 3 friends quite nicely.
3. We have a large selection of Disney Princess dance-alongs.
and
4. We have a very large Cinderella pop up tent.

All in all, it was the easiest party I have ever thrown. Madelyn had a great time. It is hard to believe that she is 3 years old already. I just can't say enough about how sweet she is. Right now she has a few funny expressions. Whenever I ask her to do something she does not want to do (put away a toy, eat lunch, get in the car, etc. . .) she folds her arms and looks demurely down and says rather pathetically, "but my tummy hurt me". That excuse must have worked at some time and so now she tries it for everything. Another one is if she is ever crying and you ask her what is wrong she immediately replies "my sissy being mean to me". She says that even when they are not home. Oh she is too funny.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: