Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Chronicles of Narnia

Well, I just finished the whole Chronicles of Narnia series. I read them as a kid (at least a few of them) and then decided to read them all again. I really enjoyed them. They are not long and they are not a series where you need to read each book before to understand what is happening. They are each independent -- almost vignettes that stand alone and yet, belong to the group. I liked them because they just made me think . . . think about the themes and the characters and then knowing that they are each Christian allegories they made me ponder other things as well. I love great minds and C.S. Lewis definately had one. I just marvel that he thought about all these beliefs and ideas and then put them into a context (the Narnia backdrop) to provide better understanding to his ideas. How the mind works . . . But check them out -- then we can chat about what some of you thought!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I started Chronicles of Narnia then loaned the book to Tyler so did not finish yet. I am excited about Harry Potter, but will have to pick up Narnia again soon.