Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Back to normal

the piercing alarm
commotion, chaos ensue
good-bye bus, silence

(Well, not entirely silent.  Owen was with me.)

the morning hustle
pj's, breakfast, clothes, lunches
awakening fast

Didn't I just write about how much I love having my kids home?  It turns out I also love sending them out the door to school.  My kids quite like school.  Sure, they wish it started later and they despise homework, but being challenged, being social, doing and learning new things is quite fun.  And there is nothing in the world like welcoming them back home at the end of the school day.

It's amazing how in one day, everything is just back on schedule.  And the kids are right back to their normal antics.  Today we only forgot one phone at school in a locker (that we had to go back and get) and I only had to run to one store to get something for school tomorrow.  (the book "to kill a mockingbird" -- which is partially my fault because I know we have the book IN THE HOUSE somewhere and so I didn't want to go buy another.  But I've looked.  I can't find it.

AHHHHHH!   (see yesterday's post)

No comments: