Monday, May 18, 2009

Not quite what I had in mind

Today after lunch my two sweet little ones (Madelyn & Adam) proceeded to dump 8 wooden puzzles, 5 floor puzzles (each about 24-30 large pieces), and 3 150 piece puzzles into a big pile. Trying hard to maintain my good humor in the situation, I called them over and explained that when we make big messes we have to do lots of cleanup. So we started the sorting. 30 minutes later we were finally finished. Madelyn exclaimed, "That was so fun, let's do it again!"

I have talked her out of it for now, but I won't be surprised if I walk into the room again and find the puzzles all mixed. Sorting is at least a good skill, right?

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Isabel dumped out 25 puzzles at Grandma White's house one day when we were cleaning. It took us an hour to put them all back together!! What a fun project.

Amber said...

Ooh, that does sound so fun. I can hardly blame Madelyn for wanting to do it again :)
And especially fun for you! Hopefully the novelty wears off soon.