On the other hand -- if 14 years can fly by so fast it is scary to think what will happen over the next 14 years with our kids growing up and stuff.
I should really dig out our wedding photos (and convert them to digital) and post them but right now that seems like too big of a project to start . . . so sorry not this year (maybe for our 15th anniversary???)
In the past 14 years, we have seen together. . .
- Jamie finishing college and grad school (1997 and 1999)
- Trent doing the same (1999)
- Moving from Provo, Utah to an apartment in Stafford TX (1999)
- Trent starting to work for Ernst & Young (1999)
- Jamie teaching school at Stafford Middle School (1999-2000)
- Our first child (Julianne) born in 2000
- Buying our first home in Missouri City (2001)
- Our second child (Catherine) born in 2002
- Our first miscarriage in 2003
- Our third daughter (Madelyn) in 2004
- Our first son (Adam) in 2006
- Building and moving into our second home in Katy TX (2007)
- Our second miscarriage (2008)
- Moving to New Canaan, CT so Trent could work in Ernst & Youngs National office in Manhattan (2008)
- Our third miscarriage (2009)
- Trent starting to work for 2 years at the Financial Accounting Standards Board in CT (2010)
- And now less than 2 months until our second son and fifth child is born (2010)
So much has changed over the years and yet so much is still the same.
To celebrate -- we bought a new table and chairs set for our breakfast room. (We are just so romantic that way!!!!).
And tonight we are going out to dinner and a movie. It may not be the most glamourous celebration, but it is the kind of low key celebration that we enjoy most-- just hanging out together!