Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rachael Ray Ticket Gods,

Dear Rachael Ray TV Show Ticket Gods,

I signed up to get tickets to see Rachael Ray's show when I found out that I would soon be moving to the greater NYC area 2 years ago. A lot has happened in those 2 years like the fact that I completely forgot I had signed up to get tickets. So it was with great surprise and excitement that I read the email I recieved from you this past Friday at 3:08 p.m. informing me that my long awaited ticket request had not fallen on deaf ears. The email gave me the choice of 2 dates (May 6 and May7) and requested that I reply back with the following information.

My name
Number of tickets desired (up to 4)
Date I wished to attend
Ages of persons attending
email
phone numbers
etc. . . .

The email did remind that this was not a "guarantee" of tickets as they would be distributed in a first come first serve fashion and that I would recieve my ticket confirmation by Monday April 19.

I called my friends, told them to start planning and sent my reply at 3:28 p.m. (yes, just 20 minutes later).

Well, Monday came and went with no email confirmation of tickets . . . so it makes me wonder???? Were we too old??? too young??? did you google my profile and decide I was not worthy??? were there only 3 tickets available???? or is this just some sick game you play to get stay at home mom's to watch the show (at least for a day to see what i would have seen had we gotten tickets???)
I guess I'll never know.

Thanks for nothing.

jamie

2 comments:

Candy H said...

What a disappointment!
Maybe they are just really slow in responding since it has already been two years since you asked for tickets. I hope so.

Scott and Tobi said...

So sorry, I love Rachel Ray. Tobi