Saturday, February 7, 2009

. . . still no computer

but at least it is the weekend and I have Trent's to use (as long as I can get him to stop working on it)

First, the blogging class was kind of crazy . . . we covered lots and lots of topics but so quickly I am not sure anyone could repeat them all at home -- I had a outline ready, but there were so many questions which led to so many questions and so on . . . I hope it helped. We covered the topic of feed readers (which I love to help me read blogs) and so as everyone was setting up theirs, they wanted to see if it was working. That meant someone had to post something new on their blog. So I quickly had everyone subscribe to my blog and then I posted a ridiculous post -- called just for ember (the other lady helping me do the class) to see if her feed reader was working. I fully intended to delete that post, but quickly forgot and then of course have not had a computer to use until now -- so I have not lost my mind -- the post was never intended to do anything except see if the feed reader was working for others.

Second, I really miss chick-fil-a. Tonight we were babysitting 2 little girls so their parents could have a night in the city with friends I figured I would make the kid friendly "chicken nuggets". But I gotta tell you -- with no fast food places within 20 minutes, and the fact that I hate most frozen chicken nuggets, I decided to look up the recipe for chick-fil-a chicken nuggets and make them myself. They were really good -- not quite as sweet as the real thing, but when you haven't had them in so long -- they were PERFECT. The kids devoured them too.

here is the recipe

1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups cracker powder (i took a bunch of saltines and blended them up)
2 tsp McKormick season all (i didn't have that so I used lawry's season salt)
1/4 tsp paprika

also the recipe stated that you should cube the chicken and soak it for 12 hours in 2 cups of cold water and 2 cubes of chicken boullion and 1/4 tsp of that same season salt which I did not have -- BUT that would have required planning ahead by more than 1 hour which I rarely do -- so even without doing that part they were still great -- and they might have tasted exactly the same as the real one if I had had exactly the same ingredients -- but my life is never exactly anything so oh well.

third, I put the 2 little girls to bed in the guest room. I had to lay with them for about 20 minutes. They finally fell asleep about 9:15. I head upstairs where Trent has been busy putting our kids to bed. This is the scene I found. All four kids on our bed with Trent. Superman Returns is on TV and all four kids are wide awake. . . and Trent is sound asleep. Do you think they might be working him a little too hard at good ole EY?

fourth, I SERIOUSLY MISS MY COMPUTER. I am in severe, severe, severe, withdrawal. Do you know how many times a day I think -- Oh, I'll just go google that -- or let me check their web page, or ???? It has not been shipped back yet -- that is the most info I can get off the status check. The estimated arrival date is feb 10 -- and that is 3 whole days away. I hope I make it.

fifth, I SERIOUSLY am so sick of winter. If you were to come here to CT you should be able to see a lot of people whose pants are on fire. You know, all the ones who told us about the mild winters and rare snowfall. They were so wrong. We have had 2 snow days, 1 early dismissal, and 3 delay starts. We have piles of snow where the snow plow clears the driveway that are as tall as me. What is worse is how everyone else in the world seems to be moving toward spring (all our houston friends and family are out washing cars in bathing suits and complaining about the heat -- and even our Utah family let us know that despite their snow, their tulips are budding.) I even planted tulips. And I went out to check on them. I can't even find them under all the snow.

sixth, I can't think of anything else -- so good night!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Good Night. Hope you get our computer back asap. Hey what treats are you going to make for valentines day?

Marci said...

I don't know how you are surviving without your computer! (or how you are surviving the winter either) I would definitely be going crazy! Good luck :-)!

Amber said...

I gotta tell you, sending your computer off to computer school is terrible and it always takes WAY longer than you think! The longest mine was gone was 7 weeks! AAH! But yay, yours should be back much sooner than that. And I always add powdered sugar to my chick-fil-a knockoff flour mixture. It really helps it taste like the real thing. One of my friends had a recipe book with all sorts of restaurant copies and that was in the chick fil a one. Of course, if I actually deep fried them, it would probably taste even closer, but I like to pretend they don't do that and it's healthy :)

Valerie: said...

Best of luck getting your computer back soon...I think I'd go crazy without mine too. We have had some warmer days here but snow tomorrow maybe. We'll send spring wishes your way. Love ya all

Carrie said...

It is so interesting how everyone complains about the winter here on Cape Cod too, they all keep telling me it is not usually this bad etc, etc, etc...I think if the church owns a snow blower and stores it in the shed, this occurs more frequently than they are letting on! Good luck with the computer!