Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just what am I thinking . . .

Here goes
  • I am back in business. My computer is back and it seemed that the whole time it was gone I thought the most amazing thoughts that would have made amazing posts and now that it is back, my mind is a blank canvas.
  • Please, please everyone stop reading and take a moment to back up your precious data on your computer. I got my computer back with a new motherboard and new hard drive. I (of course) had all my photos, documents, and music backed up. I knew there was a chance they would lose everything. Here are the things I forgot about. . . my Microsoft money software (I downloaded it online and don't have hard copies -- i have the data now, but not the program), FONTS -- all my favorite fonts I have downloaded over the years that used in my stamp designs are gone and I cannot remember their names
  • I found the coolest program online to help you identify fonts identifont.com I was able to find and download all my missing fonts by just answering a few questions about each one. It would then give me a list of possibilities and I could usually recognize the name when I had only a few to choose from
  • I found a program I like better than microsoft money mint.com I can never lose the program or the data -- I can see it from anywhere -- it is user friendly and very cool to look at -- it does have one drawback -- you cannot (yet) include transactions that are not cleared but the help section said it is coming
  • Is it just me or does anyone else think that nearly all of our economies woes can be simplified into 1 word FRAUD? I am shocked at the magnitude of fraud reported on everyday. . . in short all our growth over the last 10 years was based on money borrowed against lies and robbing peter to pay paul and now we are paying the piper. It is a sad statement of everyone's greed and the idea that such things are victimless. Well, it is not. The average person is being robbed three times. First, they have been robbed by the companies they invested in when the company chooses to pay exorbitant salaries and bonuses instead of investing the money into the future of the company. Each massive salary payment, extravagent party, or unreal bonus lessens the value of the company and robs the shareholder by reducing the value of the company. Second, they are robbed when the company goes bankrupt, the stock price drops and the investment becomes worthless. and third now the same person will bail out the company through their taxes thanks to the government bailout. No victims????? I think it is time we all realize we have all been victims over and over.

No comments: