Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm not dead!

It has been 8 days since my last post. And there has been a lot going on . . .
  1. Hives -- gone -- I washed all her bedding (some of which was new- but had been on her bed for a week with no problem), made sure her bath wasn't too hot or too cold, made sure she wasn't going overboard with some different soap and then the fourth night she didn't get them and hasn't had them since. All the websites say most of the time no one knows what causes hives.
  2. Our leather couch was approaching 1 year and one of the cushions seemed to be wearing a little more than the rest. I called and since it was under warranty they sent out a leather couch repairman and he touched it up beautifully. As he was leaving I asked for his name in case any of my friends or family needed anything done, since he had done such a nice job. I never suspected that 2 days later, one of my sweet young'uns would stick a really sticky bandaid on it and then rip it off taking off a small section of the top of the leather. But, he came again yesterday and it looks like new -- so if you ever need leather repaired I can give you a good name.
  3. We had our 1 year anniversary in our new home. We closed on Feb 28, 2007. We had a home inspection, they came and touched everything up, did a few repairs, it was great! The house felt like new again. And then we had a huge rainstorm with a lot of wind and we got a leak. The funny thing is, we had this leak exactly 1 year ago. Apparently, when it rains on March 3, the wind blows a special way that it never blows at any other time in the year. They came a year ago and resealed the windows and a carriage light and we never had another problem until March 3rd rolled around again and then the same leak. Now it is not huge, but it is a problem. They came and checked it out and can't seem to find where it is coming from, so tomorrow they are spraying down the house with hoses and having a guy with infrared cameras come to be able to see through the walls. It is such a small leak that they don't want to tear up too much just trying to find it, so they are getting pretty high tech!
  4. Many of you know about this -- but I haven't wanted to blog about something that is not 100% set in stone, but there may be a move in our near future (like really near) and I have been spending a lot of time on the phone, on the internet, looking at stuff . . . give me a week or two and I will post a lot of really good dramatic stuff. But it is just a little premature for now.
  5. Trent has been working long, long, long, long, long, long (do you get the point????) hours and I think I get tired for him. I don't know how he does it, but the thought of what he is doing makes me yawn. So I think I have been sleeping more. You know, the kids are finally all in bed, I have laid with each of them and read a lot of boring books, I yawn everytime they yawn and then when they are all finally asleep, well . . . there is not much else to do, so I think I'll get in bed and read my scriptures . . . and well I try, really I do, but they just have a way about putting me right to sleep.
  6. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, laundry, play with kids, help with piano, help with homework, play with kids, patch up "ow"ies, snacks, play, bike, parks, shop, get ready for spring break and easter, and all the other little things -- they just occupy time and space!

So really, sorry for the long hiatus (as madelyn would say "You took forever"). I'll try not to be forever again. And really as soon as everything is official, I'll have a big announcement coming up soon. So keep checking.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so glad your still alive. Baba filled us in a little on Trents options. Keep us posted.

Sonia said...

I'm so happy to see you're back! I was getting a little worried. Plus, I love reading your blog, so I was really missing it!!!!