Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Going to try to use like a journal

I really want to use this more like a journal -- keeping track of all sorts of things like movies and books and other interesting info. . . So here goes.

Today, I went to the gym. I attended the 8:30 cardio class. Some days I tolerate the class, other days I enjoy it. Today the routine was quite boring. . . Then I took the Odyssey into get the hatch roof light checked and the coolant. My mom picked me up and we went to the Incredible Pizza Company. Today is their 1 year anniversary and so the buffet was free and everyone there got a 10 dollar gift card to the arcade/game area. They have go-Karts, bowling, putt putt, a kiddie area and more. I had not been there and was actually quite impressed. Trent and I had tried to take the kids there a while ago on a Saturday. It was packed and we never went in. The whole area outside was filled with rough looking teenagers just loitering around. We even commented that it seemed like a not very famliy friendly place. Several weeks later, I noticed they took out a full page ad in the paper where they announced new rules to maintain the family atmosphere. Everyone would now have to purchase food to enter and they had to adhere to a dress code. Apparently it worked! It was filled with families today and I am sure we will be back. Catherine really liked the bowling. It was with little balls that she could do. She even got a strike! Madelyn was funny, she wanted to ride on all the rides, but as soon as they started moving she was done.

After eating pizza and playing, we went and checked out a consignment furniture store at Richmond and Chimney Rock. They had all sorts of interesting pieces -- some I liked, some I laughed at. Then I called my friend, Christy Richards. She had brought a scrapbook to Enrichment last night that she was donating for auction at her daughter's school. It was incredible. . . a lot of the pages were sewn together with decorative stitches. I was amazed. She did it on her embroidery machine. I called my mom and told her all about it. My mom wanted to see it. So we went to Christy's home and looked at it. I think I am gonna have to try it out! She also told us about a cool die cut machine thing called a cricut. I have not seen it before, but it cuts out letters and things for you. It retails for 299 dollars, but she said she has seen it at hobby lobby for 200. Maybe my Mom will buy it! She also told me about club scrap. It is pretty cool too. It is a monthly mailout to you with all the supplies you could imagine along a theme. Each month is different.

We picked up the car and raced to get Julianne from school. She had a blue day! Yeah! We came home and our friends met us at the park in our neighborhood. It was a nice day! We had fun helping the girls learn to jumprope. After the disney movie Jump in, everyone wants to double dutch. We practiced turning and me, Deann, Jennifer and Andrea all attempted to jump into double dutch. We all failed. The girls stuck to single rope. Maybe next time.

We came home and while making dinner watched Cinderella III. The girls had watched it with Trent the night before, but I had not seen. It was quite good! Trent is working furiously trying to get things in place so he can take some time off for our move. I got an email from our super today saying that the carpet would be in tomorrow. Things are really progressing and we are so excited! Well, Adam was the first asleep and although it is only 9:18 p.m. is already awake. I better go help him out. Maybe I'll get to read tonight -- my current book is The Prize winner of Defiance Ohio. It is good.

No comments: