Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My silly birthday tradition

I started this blog in 2006 (on the last day of the year) and spent most of 2007 learning the ropes of blogging and photos.  A year later, I decided to do a happy birthday to me post (Jan 7, 2008).  I have now done the post every year since 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and now today.

I have used these birthday posts to really be honest and open and own my life.  I post my weight.  One year I posted my hair with my undyed roots.  And I can really say that it has made a significant difference in my life.  I am a real person, with real flaws.  I'm proud of who I am.  I'm comfortable in my own skin.  I don't care if you know what I weigh.  I don't care if you know all my hair is gray.  I know what I want out of life and I know how to be happy.  I spend my life living it for me, for the things I want for me and my family.

I weighed myself this morning (after not weighing myself all the holidays and just returning back from 8 days at Disney world) and the scale read 146.  The same weight as last year!!!  I celebrated by eating toffee.

I went back to the gym after the kids headed back to their first day of school.  After weeks of being the household social director it felt good to send the kids on the bus, check Owen into the child care and go do what I wanted for the first time in a while.

My zumba class sang me Happy Birthday.  My friend and I wore the EXACT same outfit to the gym today.  (seriously!!!)

I spent the morning on the phone and online catching up and reconnecting with friends and family.

I went to lunch with close friends.  I had the best laugh ever when one of my friends took me seriously when I said that for my birthday I wanted a lip sync video like jimmy fallon's lip sync offs.  She showed up at the door with a disk in hand (so I wouldn't post it, obviously she knows me well) and we watched it.

I drove my kids to all their activities and had all the piano lessons.  Trent had a work thing tonight and had to go to the Mavericks game so I got to spend time working on one of my goals for the year (get my Spanish back up to speed).  (I'm using the duolingo app and website and so far, I am amazed at how much I enjoy practicing.

Trent came home with 2 bouquets of flowers and we shared a cupcake that another friend had dropped by.

I finally posted my instagram video showing me dancing with Owen at Disneyworld, because although I look stupid, I LOVED being there and dancing with my kids!!!!  (the older girls might have been a tad embarrassed by my)

More than anything I am just so grateful for all the wonderful relationships I have in my life.  Friends near and far, new and life long, young and old.  Ever since my mom died, I have just come to appreciate each day and enjoy it to the fullest.  I have give up on worry and guilt.  I don't have any place for them.  I LOVE getting older and wouldn't have it any other way.  38 years old today.  So glad for each and every year and hoping for 38 more healthy years.  (or even more!!!!)


DSC_4903 photo DSC_4903_zps4c6cac1a.jpg

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are awesome Jamie!! Happy Birthday Love Aunt Vicki

Lillian said...

This post makes me happy.