Saturday, August 30, 2008

Painting

We painted our bedroom last Saturday. It used to be dark, dark, chocolate brown. I called it the dungeon, because it just could not get bright and light no matter how many lights were on. But now, I love, love, love, it. I still need to get a rug for the wood floor.
The room is really big. And it took forever to paint. Fortunately for us, my cousins and aunt and uncle were coming to stay the night with us following the jets/giants game and so we knew we would be staying up late waiting for them to arrive. We figured better to stay up late painting than just sitting around.
We started to realize how big a project this was and how long it was taking . . .
but traffic was terrible out of NY and they did not arrive until 2:30 in the morning. We did not finish until 2:15 in the morning -- so it was perfect timing!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amber said...

I love it. It looks so nice. But you better get that rug before winter so your toes don't freeze...although that would balance the burns on your fingers...

The Nixon Family said...

That is a massive room. Nice job on the painting. I really like the color. Way to go Martha, once again!

Jenn said...

Can I just tell you how much I love your comforter? Where did you get it?

That room is huge!!

Unknown said...

Sam's Club -- Everything I own comes from one of three places . . . Sams, Target, and now Costco (cuz there isn't a sams out here)

Shanna said...

I can't get over how beautiful your home is. Your bedroom is huge! I love the paint job!