THE DMV -- or in Texas they call it the DPS -- there is just no way to describe the layers of frustration associated with waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting to get your license and register your cars -- Here are just a few of our waiting highlights.
- At the Norwalk DMV if you don't have a pen, you have to buy one!
- The Norwalk DMV is a cell phone dead zone -- Do you think they made it that way???? Knowing that you would have to sit for 4 or 5 hours?
- I was awaiting a fax from our insurance to arrive at the DMV. I would call the insurance co., they would fax it, I would ask the "fax manager" if it arrived, she would say no, I would call the insurance co., they would fax it, . . . etc, etc. I finally got so frustrated, I left, drove the 25 minutes home, had the insurance co. fax it to me and then drove back. When I got back there the fax manager had 16 copies of my insurance info!!!!!
- While Trent was there he read "John Adams", one of the employees noticed and asked him why he would waste his time reading that book when HBO just made a movie of it. Here is Trent's real response, "Well, there is a lot more in the book." Here is what Trent really wanted to say, "Well, people who don't read the books work at the DMV"
- When Trent went up for his eye test he was wearing his glasses. The inspector said, "Do you wear glasses or contact lenses to correct your vision?" Trent said, "What do you think these are??? (pointing to his glasses) The inspector said, "They might be a disguise." So I will now let all of you in on the big secret. Trent is Superman, If he takes off his glasses everyone would know so he wears them as part of his "DISGUISE"
Setting up services
- Let's just say I wish I had a dollar for every minute I have been on hold. It has now been 3 weeks and we still don't have television. We have had both satellite companies say they can and then they can't do satellite. It is aggravating. I have completely given up on Satellite and today cable is coming from 8 - 11 am to set up TV.
- It took these 3 weeks to get AT&T phone and Internet all going. Three technician calls, 2 different modems, all so we could bundle those with satellite and get a good deal.
- I am cancelling AT&T phone and Internet so I can bundle it all with cable otherwise cable TV will cost me a fortune.
- I just got a call from cable and they are running late -- they won't be here until 12:30
- It is now 5:10. My TV's are all hooked up!!!!! My Internet is all hooked up!!!! My phone is having issues. It will make calls, but only receive them on occasion. (Oh and I had to get a new phone number! I was just too cheap to pay to keep my 2 week old one so I will email all of you the new number as soon as it works to receive calls)
- All I have done all day is watch the technicians and keep the kids busy. AAAAGGGGGHHHH!