Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth down

Fourth down -- as in July the fourth
We had such a great time on the fourth of July that I never got around to taking any pictures. We had a relaxing morning. Every hour or so I had a "patriotic" activity. Sometimes I would call the kids and Trent around the piano and we would sing patriotic songs. I thought it was high time the kids learned them. We made it happily through "My Country, tis of thee" and "The Star Spangled banner" and then in the interest of family harmony we did not do any more (I was also gonna include "America the beautiful" and "Yankee Doodle Dandy"). We colored flags and learned what the stars and stripes represent. The kids thought it pretty great that we are moving from "just a star" to a "star and a stripe". They think it is pretty cool that Connectictut is one of the 13 original colonies. Later that day all of my family came over for dinner, swimming at the Lazy River Pool, and fireworks. We put on quite the show and the kids all had fun. Adam was pretty scared at the beginning of the fireworks, but by the end he was running around and enjoying (with a lot of parental help) sparklers.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I LOVE that you sang patriotic songs around the piano!