Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 3 in China -- The luncheon and Bear Grylls

All of us left the tea house and headed to the Summit wing hotel for a lunch hosted by the executives' spouses. It was a lot of courses, and very interesting. Here are some of my photos of the meal.

DSC_6621

These were just the flowers on the table; I thought they were pretty.

Here is the menu

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

DSC_6622

These were the "cold" items-- salted pork gelatin, mushroom / spinach thingy, a shrimp thing, and a duck thing. I tried them all -- didn't love any of them, but they were palatable.

DSC_6623

DSC_6624
This was mushrooms, baked chicken (mostly skin), and a mushroom pepper garnish which was delicious.
DSC_6625
These were morels, mushrooms, lily bulbs, lotus roots, and a bunch more things I didn't know.
DSC_6627

This was mango juice, with vanilla icecream, with mint and tapioca.

After lunch I changed clothes and met Trent in the conference foyer where they had chefs preparing these dumplings. Fortunately I still had some room in my tummy because these dumplings were delicious!

DSC_6628

DSC_6629

Then we all went in to listen to the day's keynote address. Today it was Bear Grylls from Discovery channels Man vs. Wild. He spoke about summiting Mt. Everest. It made me reconfirm that climbing Mt. Everest is not nor ever will be on my to do list.


DSC_6631

No comments: