Saturday, July 23, 2011

"There's a hundred and four days of summer vacation"

"till school comes along just to end it!" That is the starting line to Phineas and Ferb, a disney cartoon that is surprisingly witty and entertaining to my kids and to me. So when I called an old friend to see if we could come see her today and she replied that we should come watch her daughter dance at a radio disney / phineas and ferb promotion I knew my kids would be happy.

We played hot potato with phineas and ferb dolls. We got stickers and posters. We got tickets to a cinematic screening of the new phineas and ferb movie. We also got hot!!! It was 100 degrees outside. The location was right across the street from the hospital where my first four kids were born.

We had a great time visiting with our friends afterward at their home. I was once again filled with this new found empathy when the husband stated that his mother had died of ovarian cancer and his father three years later from pancreatic cancer. I'm certain that they had mentioned that to me before, but now it holds so much more depth of feeling.





No comments: